Friday, January 22, 2016

The ups and downs

            Yay! I have finished my last midterm test of my freshman year. I feel like a new more mature person. The sun even seems to be shining brighter. The reality hits and I remember the upcoming debate tournament. My heart sinks, and I dip back down once again. School is full of ups and downs. In my opinion it's mostly downs, but those few ups make it almost worth it. That occasionally good grade, or successful project can really make you forget about all the bad times. No one is happy all the time or always receives the best grade possible. You can use the same theory when it comes to geniuses. Although they way know a lot about math or science, they can have very poor social skills or even forget simple things like where they live. Our brains have a limit. It's just how we choose to max out that limit that makes us who we are. From my own experience people who seem to be the most frequently happy is the people who are kind to others. It seems strange, but I think that by being kind to others and caring about their lives and how they are feeling they can treasure in other's success. If someone else did well they feel truly happy for them and then happy for themselves. One particular good example, of the ups and downs in high school, happened to me just a couple hours ago. I received my science midterm grade, and it was okay but not great. At first when I checked my grade I was terrified because I thought that my grade for the semester was the grade I got on the test (which would have meant that the test brought my grade down a good ten points). I raged to my friend for a while about the test until she told me about a girl who got a worst grade than me, but her average was still higher than mine. That's when I did a double check on my grade portal and noticed that I was looking at the grade I got on the test rather than my average grade (which had only gone down a point ;) ). So over the past couple of hours I've felt like it was the end of the world, annoyed, and then embarrassed and then completely relieved. Oh well...I made it through midterms mostly alive. Although today I did have to get blood drawn to be tested for mono (not for the reasons you may think). Other than that I'm fine (ignore the bags under my eyes). It's been a difficult, annoying, rewarding, fulfilling, and mostly tiring week, full of ups and downs ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment