Saturday, January 23, 2016

Survival

         Everyone in high school has at least one week where they are so bogged down with activities, tests, and projects that they can barely handle it all. This describes nearly every week of my life. This week for example I started with the same cold I had a week ago, a huge Spanish, science, math, and intro to science research midterm, along with a debate tournament on the weekend. I was very eager for this week to be over. My parents weren't much help. My dad went on a work trip to Florida. Thanks dad! So while he was chilling in the sun my mom's car wouldn't start and we had to call the car service company twice to have the battery fixed. My sister decided this week was a good week to have a complete meltdown at school, so on Thursday my mom got a call from my sister's teacher. I got tested for mono this week, and no I did not get mono from kissing anyone. I had to get blood drawn which I hate. The entire time I am clenching my teeth together, and the nurse keeps asking me if I'm alright. She finishes filling the first tube and then she takes out another one and sticks it in my arm. I'm sitting there just shaking my head....really? I had the debate tournament today. I would say it was great if that wasn't a complete lie which is something I did to myself last night. At around nine P.M. my debate partner starts texting me and asks how I'm feeling. Fine besides my hundred degree temperature and the fact that my throat is like sandpaper. This week is the state's tournament so I say I'll go. This morning on the bus I feel like I'm going to throw up. Every time I stood up I felt like I was going to puke. In a debate round you have cross fires (which are like questioning periods). Some judges make you stand up for cross fires....that was not good. So I'm looking at our opponents as they ask me questions (which are more like statements and at the end they just try to make me look bad). I'm standing there barely keeping it together, and I look at the other person and I think in my head are you really questioning me right now? Legitimately that was how sick and beaten down I was by the end of this week. I am so glad it is done. I am most likely going to sleep for the next month to try and recover. I usually say to people don't overwork yourself, but there are those times where you have to pull through. Surviving is what we do best, and we were all born with the abilities to survive. Through tough times just remember there is light at the end of the tunnel even if you can't see it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment