Monday, January 25, 2016

Friends

           High school can be the best time to form new friendships. People can be more open to breaking through their typical friend groups. You also have opportunities to meet people from different grade levels. This brings me to my first point which is the more you do the better your chances are of meeting someone new and interesting. This year I tried cross country for the first time. Previously I had played soccer for eight years. The program at my school continually got worse over the years. Whether it was the coach or the players I disliked something. Cross country was great, and I met many very nice upperclassmen. I also did different things to meet very different people. For example the people I met from doing cross country, and debate are different from the people I met doing robotics. Having a wide range of friends keeps things interesting. If I spend too much time with  one group of friends I begin to tire, but then I can go hang out with another different group of friends.  Another thing with friends is to be weary of trying to hard just for attention. I see it all the time in my school. There is a group of friends with one student who is slightly more popular than the rest. He or she may exploit that to their favor, because the rest of the students will act like they live to serve that one student. I hate that, and I feel like if one student steps out of line and defies the standards of the group they are ostracized. If you are in that situation in high school, try to get out. You have a lot of opportunities to meet new and perhaps better people. Don't be scared to be on your own, because it won't be for long. If you feel like you are constantly worrying about friendship maybe you need to meet some new people.

No comments:

Post a Comment